We have an Internship Job Opening
Company website: www.actuant.com
Position: Sales Internship
Deadline for Application: March 31, 2016
Submitted by: Linda Salbeck
Email Reply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Actuant Corporation is a $1.2B diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant business operations are divided into three segments focused on the markets we serve. For more information visit www.actuant.com.
Do you want your work and ideas to be recognized? Come work with us – we will empower you to make decisions, ask you to focus on continuous improvement and implement your innovative ideas. Come work where you are not just a number! At Actuant your contributions are visible and opportunities for expanding your knowledge are unlimited. Grow, Improve and Engage Actuant’s guiding values and vision can only be achieved by hiring top talent. Come join a global company that has a motivated, customer-oriented, and continuous improvement focused workforce. In return for your contributions to achieving our vision – you will be rewarded for your performance, have access to virtual and hands on learning and development opportunities and have the potential for career growth. The Sales Internship Program is a paid 12-week summer program that provides an opportunity for the Intern to work within one of our three business segments and with a focus on Sales will learn how the business and key departments of the organization are run. In addition to Sales, the Intern will be exposed to marketing, manufacturing and operations and will work on a rotational schedule that exposes them to key departments within the organization. This person will have an Actuant mentor assigned to them, will receive shadowing experience and will also interface with the Business Leadership Team throughout the 12 weeks.
Key Actuant internship experiences
• Learn and understand the business/sales functions of an industrial manufacturer
• Complete a project (s) that will provide hands on learning experiences to help to understand the full cycle sales process
• Customer interaction – potential activities – product demos, customer surveys, application assistance, trade shows
• Experience the outside sales process with various sales representatives who interface with distributors, OEMs and end users
• Spend time in our facilities and with customers to understand our products
• Assigned to a location that will allow the intern the opportunity to explore the relocation and acclimation process associated with the relocation required for our Sales Management Development Program.
• Opportunity to experience or participate in meetings and projects that have a global scope.
• Exposure to Actuant Executives and Leadership team
• Professional networking and social events to allow for team building and practice networking with professionals at all levels in the organization
• Challenged and placed outside of your comfort zone, living away from home
• Interaction with Management Development Program participants This position will be assigned to a business unit within the U.S. and will be expected to travel. There will be various assignments throughout the Internship period with report-out summaries required at the end of each project. If you are a junior standing Sales student with a 3.2 GPA or better and possess a positive attitude, a desire to learn, strong communication and interpersonal skills, analytical abilities and problem solving skills then this may be the right opportunity for you! We also look for candidates who are assertive, team players, creative, and self-starters with a willingness to travel. Interested candidates please apply at: www.actuant.com. We look forward to speaking with you further about this exciting Sales opportunity! We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Actuant will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
How to Apply: