We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company: Actuant Corporation
Company website: www.actuant.com
Position: Sales Management Training Program
Deadline for Application: 11/30/2014
Submitted by: Gwen Skala
Email Reply: [email protected]
At Actuant, (NYSE: ATU) you can ask the question: ‘What is possible?’ Driven by execution and integrity, Actuant team members are limited only by the stretch of their imagination on projects large and small. Global presence in over 30 countries, entrepreneurial spirit and financial strength ($1.6 Billion revenue) ensure that we are a dynamic and exciting place to work, giving you the advantage of a large company with the agility of a small company. Learn about us and explore our career paths to see where your sales career can accelerate.
We are currently looking for May 2015 college graduates with a concentration in sales for our Sales Management Development Program (SMDP). The SMDP is designed to attract, recruit and develop the best to become our future sales leaders. Our business diversity offers rotations in industrial, commercial and retail sales and provides exposure to solid business and product knowledge along with the tools and skills to assess customer needs and deliver valuable solutions. The 3 year diversified sales leadership program will allow you to experience:
• Rotations in three different businesses in two or more Actuant Segments which include Industrial, Energy, Electrical or Engineered Solutions.
• An assigned mentor in addition to high visibility and interaction with leadership team members.
• Formal networking opportunities.
• Training in Actuant’s LEADTM process improvement technologies. The specific responsibilities within each assignment may vary based upon the immediate needs of the business. Some examples of rotations follow: Sales Representative: This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan to increase the sales and profitability of our OEM products. Typical key responsibilities include:
• Develop, manage and grow sales with OEM accounts
• Identify and develop a ‘funnel’ for prospects in existing and new accounts
• Collaborate with sales and engineering to promote and support new products and applications
• Create and deliver sales presentations in various formats.
• Prepare quotes and proposals.
• Develop and support strategies
• Contribute as sales team member; serve as a resource for enterprise in regards to customers and markets
• Establish, maintain, and continually improve sales metrics Inside sales Representative: This position is responsible for the support and growth of assigned accounts utilizing a “team selling” approach with the Field sales Force. This position manages the sales lead program and maintains/improves process for reporting, qualifying and tracking of sales leads. Typical key responsibilities include:
• Generate growth in assigned distributors through outbound call efforts
• Support the field sales force in a Team Selling approach with assigned distributors
• Enhance relationships with assigned distributors
• Formulate and aggressively execute creative phone-oriented sales strategies
• Respond to inbound telephone and e-mail inquiries
• Manage the sales Lead process including updates
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
• Majors: Business Administration, Engineering, management, or other business majors with a sales focus.
• Demonstrated strong academic performance; cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on 4 point scale.
• Geographic mobility throughout the program duration is a requirement.
• Demonstrated leadership through work experience, campus activities and/or community service.
• Must complete and pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment. What qualities do we look for in SMDP candidates?
•Mature and professional demeanor.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to cultivate relationships.
• Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work as an integral part of a team, and work independently or with minimal direction.
• Adaptability, quick learner.
• Positive attitude.
How to Apply:
Would you enjoy working in our dynamic environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to become part of an ambitious team of sales professionals? If yes, apply online today at www.actuant.com/careers under college relations opportunities for our Sales Management Development Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Actuant is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Accordingly, opportunities for employment and promotion are open to all qualified applicants on the basis of their experience, aptitude and ability. Actuant will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is conditioned on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.