We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.actuant.com
Position: Sales Leadership Development Program
Deadline for Application: June 2017
Submitted by: Linda Salbeck
Email Reply: [email protected]
Actuant Corporation is a $1.2B diversified industrial company serving customers from operations in more than 30 countries. The Actuant businesses are leaders in a broad array of niche markets including branded hydraulic tools and solutions; specialized products and services for energy markets and highly engineered position and motion control systems. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Actuant business operations are divided into three segments focused on the markets we serve. For more information visit www.actuant.com.
We are currently looking for May 2017 college graduates with a concentration in Sales for our Sales Leadership Development Program (SLDP). The SLDP is designed to attract, recruit and develop the best to become our future sales leaders. Our business diversity offers rotations in industrial, commercial and retail sales and provides exposure to solid business and product knowledge along with the tools and skills to assess customer needs and deliver valuable solutions. The diversified sales leadership program will allow you to experience:
• Rotations in different businesses in two or more Actuant Segments which include Industrial, Energy or Engineered Solutions.
• An assigned mentor in addition to high visibility and interaction with leadership team members.
• Formal networking opportunities.
• Training in Actuant’s LEAD (TM) process improvement technologies. Some examples of rotations follow: (The specific responsibilities within each assignment may vary based upon the immediate needs of the business.) Sales Representative: This position is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic marketing plan to increase the sales and profitability of our OEM products. Typical key responsibilities include:
• Develop, manage and grow sales with OEM accounts
• Identify and develop a ‘funnel’ for prospects in existing and new accounts
• Collaborate with sales and engineering to promote and support new products and applications
• Create and deliver sales presentations in various formats.
• Prepare quotes and proposals.
• Develop and support strategies
• Contribute as sales team member; serve as a resource for enterprise in regards to customers
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
• Majors: Business Administration, Engineering, Management, or other business majors with a Sales focus.
• Demonstrated strong academic performance; cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher on 4 point scale.
• Geographic mobility throughout the program duration is a requirement.
• Demonstrated leadership through work experience, campus activities and/or community service.
• Must complete and pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future. What qualities do we look for in SMDP candidates?
• Mature and professional demeanor.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to cultivate relationships.
• Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work as an integral part of a team, and work independently or with minimal direction.
• Adaptability, quick learner.
• Positive attitude.
How to Apply: