We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.bdi-usa.com
Position: Inside Sales
Location: Nation wide
Deadline for Application: 9/23/2016
Submitted by: Kim Burk
Email Reply: [email protected]
Bearing Distributors Inc. is a leading supplier of products and services to manufacturing companies throughout the world. Our commitments to customer service and technical expertise have been the trademark of our success and global expansion. BDI is a subsidiary of Forge Industries – a diversified, privately held company providing high quality products and services to industry. Our growth is attributed to our dedication to customer service excellence and our global vision. As we continue to build our competitive advantage through continued growth, BDI will continue to be highly rewarding to its shareholders, employees, customers and suppliers.
Job Definition: The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for customer service through various duties, including but not limited to: entering and maintaining sales orders, purchasing, quotation, over the counter sales, and supporting the outside sales staff.
1. Responsible for answering telephone calls from outside customers and assisting them in their needs such as identifying and interchanging product.
2. Will be expected to enter and maintain all sales orders, including releasing orders on credit hold, and expediting previous orders.
3. Will also be expected to accurately quote product to the customer.
4. Can expect to capture over-the-counter sales with walk in customers.
5. Occasionally will purchase product directly from the manufacturer.
6. May perform occasional duties in the warehouse, such as shipping and receiving.
7. Must be able to lift 50 pounds of product.
8. Expected to be licensed forklift operator.
9. Assists and supports the outside sales staff, including performing “cold” calls.
10. Responsible for other duties as they are assigned.
• Bachelors degree preferred.
• 1-2 years in a customer service or sales environment preferred.
• Basic product knowledge of bearings and power transmission products a plus, with emphasis placed on mechanical aptitude.
• Great communication and telephone skills.
• Exceptional math skills
• Team oriented