Position Announcement: SALES INTERN
BluePrint Engines is an industry leading manufacturer of performance crate engines. We sell and support customers such as Summit Racing, JEGS, and Speedway Motors. Our engines are often featured in automotive enthusiast magazines and TV shows like OverHaulin’ and Counting Cars. We are a privately held company that has been experiencing healthy growth, and rewards hard work. We enjoy a fast paced and fun work environment, servicing our customers in a variety of markets.
BluePrint Engines is looking for qualified candidates to participate in a Summer Internship Program. The Summer Internship Program will be a 12-week assignment that will provide a comprehensive opportunity to work with a manufacturer and develop an understanding of the manufacturing process, sales (inside and outside), after sales service/support, new product development and marketing. While sales and customer service functions will be the primary focus of the internship experience, the Intern will also be exposed to all functions of manufacturing and business operations in general. All assignments are a value-add for the business and developmental for the individual.
BluePrint Engines’ Summer Internship Program success will be measured by individual performance as well as manager feedback. Successful summer interns may be offered fulltime employment upon college graduation which may lead to a variety of post-graduate positions/roles including inside sales, outsides sales, account management, technical service and marketing.
- Assist in the creation of signage, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion,
- Assist with preparation and execution of trade
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of training
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and
- Schedule and perform sales calls (current and prospective clients as well as the end consumer).
- Enter contact information into contact management
- Provide support to social media
- Develop sales lead tracking system and implement
- Develop new sales opportunities with current
- Identify new B2B sales opportunities.
BluePrint Engines is committed to making an experience that is impactful for the student, and beneficial to the company. The Summer Intern will have the opportunity to:
- Experience day to day business operations: this will include accounting, human resources and executive planning.
- Experience managing client interactions and expectations.
- Experience sales and the sales
- Experience engineering/design, sourcing, vendor relations and
- Experience and participate in a fun and engaging work
- Understand the positive teamwork and the impact of how each role is integral to
- Understand the importance of customer
- Contribute to the research and development of ongoing product development and
The BluePrint Engines Internship program is a practical work experience with a diverse, fast growing engine manufacturer. This internship program is designed to provide the student with a “real life” account of business strategy, creative office environment, operations knowledge, and customer management experience. BluePrint Engines is excited to offer an internship program to UNK ID students who have the passion to strengthen their educational experience. This internship will require the student to execute the disciplines and skills they have acquired through their academic career. This internship will require the student to complete 460 hours and complete a presentation of their experience at the conclusion of their internship. Program Process: The BluePrint Engines Internship program outline is not set in stone; however it will largely encompass the Duties listed previously. Based upon the strengths of the Intern, an Internship Plan will be created to emphasize those strengths. This plan will serve as a valuable tool during the internship to set goals and plan resources in order to meet course objectives. This plan will also serve both the intern and his/her mentor as a method to communicate and clarify expectations.
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- An entrepreneurial
- Self-motivation and the ability to lead, coach, and motivate
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Time management and planning skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with minimal
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated track record as being a top
- Creative Marketing and social media
- Knowledge of engines is preferred, but not required.