We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
Company website: http://www.graybar.com/careers
Position: Sales Intern
Date Available: May 2013
Location: Various locations throughout the United States
Deadline for Application: 02-27-2013
Submitted by: Tessa Linsman
Email Reply: [email protected]
Are you a highly motivated college junior seeking a challenging and rewarding internship focused on gaining sales experience? Graybar is an award-winning Fortune 500 company admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality. As a Graybar Sales Intern, you will be provided with valuable work experience, professional networking opportunities and exposure to many aspects of our business. Students who successfully complete the Internship Program will be evaluated for potential full-time employment opportunities with Graybar upon graduation.
With 7,000 employees in nearly 240 locations across North America including Canada and Puerto Rico, Graybar is a national company with local career opportunities. As a leading distributor of electrical, data communications, networking and security products, Graybar serves as a vital link in the supply chain. We combine quality products with innovative services that help our customers save time and money. And, as employee owners, we strive to be the best company to work with, the best company to work for and the best-in-class distributor in our industry. Graybar has a long tradition of providing employees with comprehensive benefits and opportunities to learn and grow. You will be proud to work for a profitable and thriving employee-owned company.
- Gain work experience and exposure in various functions throughout the Company (i.e. Sales, Customer Service, etc.)
- Learn the fundamentals of wholesale distribution
- Gain exposure to a successful Fortune 500 company’s day-to-day business
- Drive business and expand sales by assisting Graybar’s sales force, attending sales calls and building customer relationships
- Exposure to and application of various sales tools and methodologies
- Participate in team meetings
- Assist with sales support duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excited about a career in sales
- Highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic individual with an eagerness to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who is comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program specializing in Sales, Industrial Distribution or related field.
- Able to work independently and function as part of a team
- Current junior standing with a graduation date between December 2013 and June 2014
- Ability to work 40 hours a week for a duration of 10 to 12 weeks in Summer 2012
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Detail and task oriented with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to relocate
- Competitive hourly rate of pay
- Generous lump sum housing allowance for those that qualify
- Eligibility for health benefits after 30 days of employment
Potential Internship Locations
- Multiple locations throughout the United States.
Normal Work Schedule
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Monday through Friday.
(Note: the normal work schedule may vary.)
Graybar is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Sound interesting? Apply now by using the link below and see how Graybar can work to your advantage!
In addition to completing the online application using the link above, you must provide your resume and unofficial transcript to be formally considered for the position. Please submit electronic copies of your resume and unofficial transcript via email to [email protected]. Please list Sales Internship in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in Graybar!