We have an Internship
Company: Crescent Electric Supply Company
Company website: www.cesco.com
Position: Branch Intern
Date Available: Mid May 2012
Deadline for Application: 06/01/2012
Submitted by: Ross Trowbridge
Crescent Electric Supply Co (CESCO) was founded in 1919 and is one of the largest electrical distributors in theUnited States. Crescent Electric Supply Co. is a full-line distributor of electrical, electronic, automation and voice data products with more than 120 locations throughout 25 states. Our success stems from long-term, organic growth as a result of total customer satisfaction, teamwork, and an overall commitment to being the leading distributor of quality products through our value added services. Our customers range from Electrical Contractors, Industrial OEM & MRO customers to Commercial, Institutional, Educational and Government entities.
We are currently seeking Branch Interns for the summer of 2012. Location placement is flexible.
The internship program is targeted toward current college-level students. Intern will be exposed and work in all areas of our business including warehouse, counter and inside sales, quotations, purchasing, project management, and inventory management. Employee will move from department to department on a predetermined schedule to learn the fundamentals while also completing product and industry training courses. Intern will also complete two (2) special projects.
- Complete Electrical Distributor Guided Education (EDGE).
- Complete all training as outlined in the Internship Program Agenda.
- Complete monthly Intern Report.
- Complete Promotional Activity project.
- Complete Merchandising project.
- Must be of sophomore or higher level standing in college/university.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have ability to work quickly and accurately under time constraints and against deadlines.
- Must possess interpersonal and organizational skills, be a self starter, be detail oriented, and have the ability to communicate (verbal and written).
- How to Apply: If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Ross Trowbridge at [email protected] Please note if you are interested in a particular location. You can view a map of all our locations at www.cesco.com.
For additional information on jobs posted on our website, please contact:
Brenda Jochum, Internship Director – University of Nebraska at Kearney
Department of Industrial Technology
(308) 865-8122 phone (308) 865-8976 fax