We have a Internship Job Opening
Company website: www.poolcorp.com
Position: Summer Distribution Intern
Date Available: 05-27-2013
Deadline for Application: 12-16-2012
Submitted by: Amy Coakley
Email Reply: email@example.com
POOLCORP, a Fortune 1000 company, is the world’s largest wholesale distributor of swimming pool, spa, irrigation and landscape supplies and equipment. We operate in 10 countries offering more than 160,000 national brand and private label products to more than 80,000 wholesale customers. For 30 years our basic strategy has been to supply the highest quality products while providing exceptional service with a focus on adding value. In addition to our real time inventory availability, our customers also have the added value of technology solutions, business development resources, and marketing programs.
• Learns bin location strategy and procedures, and the use of Radio Frequency guns in the inventory functions.
• Assists in receiving product when it arrives and stores products in designated areas.
• Assists in preparing outbound UPS shipments.
• Assists in delivering products to customers.
• Assists pulling orders from the warehouse and transferring items between branch locations.
• Performs cycle counts in warehouse and compares to numbers in computer. Enters inventory data into computer.
• Looks up parts and products in POOLCORP and manufacturer’s catalogs and learns how to order products from manufacturers.
• Learns Prelude inventory system/ADS shortcuts and screens.
• Provides customers with stock check and pricing.
• Assists with accounts receivable and accounts payable duties. Prepares and mails daily invoices and files pertinent paperwork in the correct files.
• Becomes familiar with customers and companies and learns to identify and acknowledge customers’ needs. Follows up with customers on the status of their orders.
• Learns what is required to provide excellent customer service to assist in serving customers at the sales counter.
• Becomes familiar with the B2B website our customers use to order their product.
• Participants in B2B sales meetings with customers.
• Junior or Senior standing;
• Solid academic performance record;
• Ability to relocate to designated training branch;
• Ability to provide own transportation daily to training branch;
• Possess a positive attitude and enjoy working with customers;
• Ability to lift and move 100 pounds with the assistance of a dolly.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and transcript to Amy Coakley, Corporate Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.