We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: http://www.molex.com
Position: Tech Support Representative
Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Deadline for Application: 01-15-2014
Submitted by: Marianne Murphy Orland
Email Reply: [email protected]
Molex is one of the largest interconnect solutions companies in the world. With over 35,000 innovators, movers and shakers worldwide, we are an employer of choice for individuals with degrees in the dynamic field of Engineering.
This is a tech support position offered in conjunction with an 18 – 24 month sales development program in our Industrial Products Division. Primary Purpose: Provide technical and sales support to the Molex sales force, channel partners and end customers. Quotes variations of standard products based upon the end customer requirements.
• Provide technical / installation / application support to end-users, channel partners, sales reps, and the Molex sales force via telephone, email, and fax.
• Provide prints and documents as required to support the sales function.
• Cross reference competitors’ part numbers. Provide supporting data as needed.
• Submit sample requests for standard or SPO products, within guidelines, for the sales force
• Coordinate customer requests for first article inspections, acceptance / conformance testing and UL/CSA approval of MOD and SPO products. Generate quotes for SPO Special Products Requests (SPR) a. Review requests for validity b. Clarify outstanding issues, suggest alternate solutions c. Enter request into the xRPM database. d. Coordinate response & quotations; call meetings as required e. Review and clarify incoming purchase orders Act as a liaison between the sales, product management & design engineering functions
a. Suggest product improvement based on field feedback
b. Make product line recommendations based on application inquiries & specials requests
c. Review new-product launch packages, product literature & service manual drafts. Coordinate technical data development
d. Disseminate information on specials & changes processed Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Provide support for 23 product lines. Use product and application knowledge to solve routine and complex issues. Troubleshoot problems over the phone. Work independently the majority of the time. Interact with manager as required to resolve customer issues. SPO quotations generate in excess of $1 million in annual sales. Support all of Integrated Product Group in North America. Assist Europe, South America and Asia as required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) Knowledge of basic electricity and electronics. Related product experience or strong product knowledge 1 – 2 years of technical phone support. Proficiency with PC operation including: spreadsheets, word processing and databases. Ability to re-prioritize tasks and work on multiple projects. Highly organized. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems. Effective communications skills both oral and written. Good phone presence. Positive, upbeat attitude. Preferred Qualifications Bachelor Degree in Engineering or a Technical Degree 3 years of technical phone support. Previous experience as a Field Service Technician or Applications Engineer Proficiency with Microsoft Office Experience using SAP. Knowledge of AutoCad LT or AutoCad
How to Apply:
Contact Marianne Murphy Orland@ [email protected] with your resume and date of graduation. We are looking for December/January grads for a start in early 2014.