We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.careersatnmc.com
Position: Manager of Underground Rental Division
Location: Omaha, NE
Deadline for Application: 02-28-2014
Submitted by: Mandy
Email Reply: [email protected]
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, agriculture, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938.
The purpose of this position is to drive growth and profitability within NMC Underground Rental Division by developing a professional, focused sales staff and innovative rental and sales programs. To be effective, the Manager must establish an understanding of the following objectives and accountabilities:
1. Builds and manages a competent Underground team within the assigned region by effectively training and developing employees, delegating work assignments, assisting with writing and conducting performance appraisals, coaching and counseling. Develops and submits talent inventory assessments for regional strength and provides continued training opportunities.
2. Coordinates rental and sales establishing forecasts and goals. Including but not limited to: assigning territory, analyzes rental and sales statistics to formulate policy and to assist sales personnel in promoting rentals and sales, reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns.
3. Leads rental team to develop and expand relationships with existing clients by analyzing financial needs in order to rent, sell and cross-sell products and services in support of established regions revenue/profitability and customer acquisition/retention objectives. Resolves escalated customer issues. Follows-up on customer satisfaction survey results.
4. Directs Underground rental operations including recommending best practices, reducing overall costs, driving revenue growth and supporting customer satisfaction. Develops and maintains metrics tracking and reporting numbers. Assists in preparing, and submitting reports on annual budget proposals.
5. Demonstrates organizational advocacy through positive teamwork and building trust and mutual respect for customers and employees. Develops and implements initiatives that reinforce vision of NMC. Aligns region to deliver quality customer experiences and instill NMC core values.
6. Grows NMC Rental business by conducting scheduled customer visits. Develops and manages relationships and account strategies associated with identified key accounts.
7. Plans, manages and assists in forecasting all costs associated with service-related activities. Strives for constant improvement on maintenance dollar spend.
• Understanding and working knowledge of the rental, sales, service and systems operations of this position.
• Ability to perform and/or explain the job requirements of the Underground Sales rep position.
• Assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting on the performance of Underground Sales rep.
• Knowledge of rules and regulations regarding a safe work environment.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance for Underground equipment.
• Ability to develop collaboration across departments.
• Ability to coach, counsel and motivate team members.
• Ability to foster a customer-focused approach to rental, sales and service.
• Ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
• Ability to deal with crises; remain calm and composed under pressure; ability to deal with employees/customers rattled due to a systems problem.
• Ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements.
• Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Education and Experience:
• Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of business management experience in sales and/or operations management required in related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of Underground Rental management experience required.
• Experience in the Construction industry or equivalent experience in a closely related industry. Some closely related industries would include Agriculture or Material Handling operations.
• Valid driver’s license required. NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.