We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.careersatnmc.com
Position: Product Support Sales Representative
Location: Omaha, NE
Deadline for Application: 03/30/2014
Submitted by: Mandy
Email Reply: [email protected]
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, agriculture, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938.
This job is responsible for increasing sales volume and revenue by promoting and profitably selling equipment services sold at NMC by developing new and nurturing existing customer relationships thus growing revenue and customer base.
1. Maintains direct sales responsibility of assigned accounts establishing and maintaining effective working relationships by performing sales calls and providing solutions to meet customer needs. Develops new customer relationships to gain more sales or service and parts business by prospecting leads and performing cold calls. Negotiates and closes equipment sales/rental/customer service agreements with customers to ensure best possible position of NMC in meeting profit objectives in light of customer purchase requirements.
2. Develops and presents quotes to customers including identifying parts, working with parts/service dept., and calling outside sources to locate needed items. Provides customers with enough materials, information and knowledge to make an educated decision including ROI reports, cost comparison reports, leasing/payment options, equipment specifications, warranty, etc.
3. Delivers parts sold to customers.
4. Logs all calls and sales-related activities via SalesLink to provide NMC with information to better manage relationships with customers.
5. Stays current on all technology associated with the product line and attends and participates in all trade shows and related activities. Maintains knowledge of product lines, service and support capabilities, marketing programs and objectives relating to machinery sales / rental.
6. Provides continuing contact with customers after sale by responding to questions and technical problems; coordinating, when necessary, repairs and maintenance activities by service personnel. Informs management of customer concerns and problems. Keeps customers abreast of any changes, improvements with new models of equipment being introduced in the market place.
7. Keeps customers current on status of un-paid invoices, collects on accounts overdue and settles all customer disputes in a timely and professional manner.
8. Settles disputes between NMC and customer by developing a plan to settle issue and presenting/providing explanation to customer. Communicates and works with all divisions of NMC to solve issue.
9. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance for CAT Engine equipment.
• Ability to operate machines in order to demonstrate to customers.
• Knowledge of DOT regulations for hauling sold parts. • Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgments when making decisions.
• Ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
• Ability to establish and maintain a range of contacts within and outside the company in a highly professional manner; must be tactful and articulate.
• Ability to deal with crises; remain calm and composed under pressure; ability to deal with customers rattled due to a problem.
• Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
• Ability to learn and support new products, systems, and machines.
• Ability to facilitate and overcome obstacles to close profitable sales.
• Ability to be punctual and adapt to varying situations.
• Ability to develop sales opportunities.
• Ability to travel 75% of time.
• Ability to meet and maintain company driving requirements.
• Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
• Possesses networking and strategic relationship building skills.
• Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers understand issues and recommend solutions.
• Skills in effective organization, time management and follow-up.
• Exceptional selling skills required: negotiation and persuasion, up-selling, cold calling, closing, and follow-up.
• Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Associate’s degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of sales experience associated with CAT Engine products required.
• Prior experience working in a shop/parts/service-type of environment preferred. NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: http://nebraska-machinery.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-533033.html