We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.careersatnmc.com
Position: Sales – Diversified Products National Sales Rep
Location: Omaha, NE
Deadline for Application: 03/30/2014
Submitted by: Mandy
Email Reply: [email protected]
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, agriculture, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938.
NMC is looking for Diversified Products National Sales Representative. Position is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts and customers. Sales Representatives are responsible for sales and sales-related activities for a variety of products related to the assigned business unit.
1. Generates, develops and maintains business relationships with current and prospective customers to generate new business for the organization’s products and services. Penetrates customer at the strategic level to diversify customer base to include industrial, traditional and nontraditional accounts.
2. Identifies business opportunities via telephone calls and prospect visits and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options. Remains in frequent contact to foster a relationship-based sales approach.
3. Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers to create a relationship-based sales approach.
4. Participates in trade shows and conventions.
5. Develops clear and effective written proposals and quotations for current and prospective customers.
6. Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
7. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
8. Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization.
9. Provide excellent customer service by responding to customer inquiries, questions, concerns regarding products, service, delivery, and billing
10. Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
11. Required to document all touch points with customers and prospects in the company CRM.
• Must have a previous experience in industrial, construction or heavy equipment retail or rental sales
• Ability to operate heavy equipment for demonstration purposes
• Must be people-oriented, aggressive, sales driven, and a team player
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to speak in front of a group of 25 – 40 in a classroom setting
• Excellent PC skills including MS Outlook, Excel, Word and company proprietary applications
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail which includes completion of paperwork in a timely, thorough fashion
• Ability to learn and follow basic principles of inventory control.
• Possess ability in a strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to act with professionalism and diplomacy when communicating with a customer or NMC employee.
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
• Ability to work well as a team member.
• Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
• Skills in attention to detail, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking.
• Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers or sales, understand issues/needs and recommend solutions.
• Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
• 1-2 years Business Development Experience. Proven ability to create and manage a $2mm – $4mm pipeline.
• 3-5 years of dealer distribution, sales and relationship management experience within the equipment industry NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at: http://nebraska-machinery.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-528873.html