We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: www.nmccat.com
Position: Sales – Material Handling Territory Manager
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Deadline for Application: 10-28-2013
Submitted by: Mandy
Email Reply: [email protected]
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, agriculture, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938.
NMC has an immediate opening for a Material Handling Territory Manager in the Sioux Falls, SD area. The primary responsibility of this position will be to maintain and expand our customer base by frequently contacting current and potential customers to sell material handling equipment, lease material handling equipment, and promote rentals as well as product support.
1. Onsite customer visits, cold calling, following up on leads and hand delivering proposals.
2. Contact existing and potential customers by telephone and electronically to sell products and services, ensure customer satisfaction with existing products, and expand customer base.
3. Research and prepare quotes and information to customers.
4. Demonstrate equipment and offer new ideas to customers.
5. Enter data in CRM system daily.
6. Actively participate in industry training on an ongoing basis.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
1. Knowledge of material handling equipment and methods used to increase productivity in any warehousing or manufacturing environment.
2. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, finance and sales control systems.
3. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
4. Skill in communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Basic computer skills required, with a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel. Professional phone skills, excellent work ethic, multi-tasking skills and good decision making skills are required.
6. High organization skills as well as an excellent ability to communication with customers and coworkers at many different levels is required.
7. Skill in demonstrating products and answering questions from customers.
8. Demonstrate the ability to close deals.
9. Ability to read and understand information and ideas.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of education and experience preferred. 2-4 years of outside sales experience preferred. Material handling experience preferred. NMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.