We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company website: http://nebraska-machinery.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-
Position: Sales – Trench Shoring/Pump Rental
Deadline for Application: 12-31-2013
Submitted by: Mandy
Email Reply: [email protected]
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, agriculture, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938.
This position is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the company’s products and/or related services. Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers. Sales Representatives are responsible for sales and sales-related activities for a variety of products related to the assigned business unit.
1. Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the organization’s products/services.
2. Promotes company’s products and related services by establishing, nurturing and maintaining relationships with current customers and prospective customers in an assigned territory
3. Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
4. Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
5. Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
6. Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
7. Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers to the organization.
8. Plans and organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
9. Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
Additional Tasks/Secondary Job Functions:
•Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
•Participates in trade shows and conventions.
•Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
•Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
•Ability to operate heavy equipment for demonstration purposes
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•Ability to speak in front of a group of 25 – 40 in a classroom setting
•Excellent PC skills including MS Outlook, Excel, Word and company proprietary applications
•Highly organized with strong attention to detail which includes completion of paperwork in a timely, thorough fashion
•Ability to learn and follow basic principles of inventory control.
•Possess ability in a strong mechanical aptitude.
•Ability to act with professionalism and diplomacy when communicating with a customer or NMC employee.
•Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
•Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
•Ability to work well as a team member.
•Ability to utilize proper bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, climbing, dismounting and three-points of contact techniques.
•Skills in attention to detail, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking.
•Skills in effective verbal, listening and written communication to consult with customers or sales, understand issues/needs and recommend solutions.
•Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Education and Experience:
•Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
•Proven track record of successful sales. Minimum 3-5 years in the trench shoring and pump business
•1-2 years Business Development Experience. Proven ability to create and manage a $2mm – $4mm pipeline.