We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: NMC Group, Inc.
Company website: www.careersatnmc.com
Position: Sales and Operations Internship (4 Available)
Location: Omaha, NE
Deadline for Application: 12/1/2016
Submitted by: Ben J Gano
Email Reply: email@example.com
For 75 years NMC has been providing solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers. Today, our company remains customer-focused through locations in Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota and Utah – and with a dedicated staff of nearly 700 employees, NMC provides a comprehensive line of products, parts and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway trucks, rental and railroad industries. NMC has been Nebraska’s Caterpillar dealer since 1938. Whether it’s Caterpillar equipment or another leading equipment manufacturer, NMC continually forges new solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers.
The Sales and Operations Intern position will touch on all areas of sales and operations including inside/outside sales, marketing and manufacturing sales, business operations, product training and materials management, customer service, workflow management, and administrative duties associated with business. An intern at NMC will have the opportunity to experience everything that sales and operations entails and can use their experience to focus their future career endeavors to an inside sales, coordinator, or outside sales representative career. During the internship, the following duties will be completed on a daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly basis. For some of the more frequent (daily or weekly) duties, the intern will receive training on how to complete these tasks and then will be given an element of autonomy to complete them in the best way they see fit thereafter.
Objectives of the Program: The purpose of the sales internship is to gain experience in sales, marketing and operations of the equipment industry. The goal is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment.
- Intern will gain understanding of NMC’s business overview and strategic objectives.
- Intern will learn urgency, accuracy and organization skills within warehouse setting.
- Intern will be exposed to customer facing, system design, counter sales and CRM management.
- Intern will gain knowledge of product support, including up-selling and relationship selling.
- Intern will experience parts department, including ordering and locating parts, while gaining customer perspective and impact of errors.
- Intern will visit several branch locations and will interact with various business unit leaders.
- Intern will have opportunity to work with finance and marketing to gather a better understanding of business analytics and decision drivers, including collecting, charting and interpreting statistical data, to include SWOT market analysis on competition.
- Intern will work with inside sales representatives to experience cold calling techniques, lead generation and target identification.
- Intern will work with field representatives, following up on leads, gaining product knowledge, observing discovery meetings at prospective client sites and proposal presentations.
Education and Experience:
- Must be a Junior or Senior pursuing a degree in the Industrial Distribution Program at UNK
- Desire a career in outside sales.
- Experience presenting to large groups.
- 1 year of customer service experience.
How to Apply:
- Call Ben at 402-891-7507 with additional information.