We have a Full-Time Opening
Company website: www.poolcorp.com
Position: Manager Trainee
Date Available: 01-02-2012
Deadline for Application: 11-18-2011
Submitted by: Amy Coakley
Email Reply: [email protected]
POOLCORP is the largest wholesale distributor of swimming pool, irrigation and landscape supplies and equipment. Through our subsidiaries we operate in nine countries distributing more than 100,000 national brand and private label products to more than 70,000 customers. For 30 years our basic strategy has been to supply the highest quality products while providing exceptional service with a focus on adding value. POOLCORP offers a fast paced and comprehensive training program focused on product knowledge, customer service techniques, efficient operational practices and sales skills that will provide you with the opportunity to grow and excel within our company. This program is designed to prepare employees for management opportunities in sales, operations and/or entry level positions in our corporate office.
The Manager in Training (MIT) position is an entry level training program for recent college graduates, current employees and individuals with relative experience to learn about the swimming pool supply, irrigation and landscape distribution industry. This intense six month program is designed to prepare the MIT for management opportunities in sales, operations and/or entry level positions on the corporate staff. He/she will participate in classroom training, poolinars (webinars) and hands-on training at one or more of our sales center locations. The MIT is tested regularly to ensure a transfer of skills from classroom to daily performance and to identify performance gaps. Advancement is based primarily on demonstrated performance and the desire to seek greater challenges.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Participates in classroom training sessions at the EDGEucation Center in Plano, Texas.
• Receives training and performs duties in several departments such as Accounts Receivable, Operations, Sales, Purchasing and Management.
• Learns management viewpoints and company policies and procedures that affect each phase of business.
• Sets and achieves performance goals and objectives with MIT Advisor.
• Observes experienced employees to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of performance for a successful sales center.
• Informs mentor and sales center manager of training lessons and concepts learned after each visit to the EDGEucation Center.
• Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate transferability between sales centers and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
• Has ability to make effective presentations to coworkers, customers and senior level management upon completion of the MIT program.
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Management, Marketing or other related discipline or two plus years related experience in wholesale distribution industry.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to perform business math (percentages, ratios, discounts, interests, etc).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ability to learn Prelude system and Internet software.
• Ability and willingness to relocate for initial training and advancement opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please email resumes to Amy Coakley, Corporate Recruiter at [email protected]. Feel free to contact with any questions, 985-801-5235.
For additional information on jobs posted on our website, please contact:
Brenda Jochum, Internship Director – University of Nebraska at Kearney
Department of Industrial Technology
(308) 865-8122 phone (308) 865-8976 fax