Our purpose is to prepare people for careers as technical sales representatives and to become future business leaders.
Our curriculum guide to these careers comes, in part, from leaders in manufacturing and distribution and from The U.S. Department of Labor. The United States Department of Labor identifies six occupational categories for technical sales representatives. Consequently, our goal is to offer a curriculum with the knowledge and skill sets most important to persons seeking entry level technical sales positions in:
- Chemical and Pharmaceutical
- Mechanical Equipment and Supplies
Who employs technical sales representatives?
- Manufacturers (who sell direct or through industrial distributors)
- Distributors (who buy and resell manufactured goods to end-users)
- Agents (who are contracted to sell manufactured goods)
What are the JOB TASKS?
What is the necessary JOB KNOWLEDGE?
What are the required JOB SKILLS?
What are the common INTERESTS, ABILITIES and WORK VALUES?