We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: Riekes Equipment Company
Company website: riekesequipment.com
Position: Internship – Material Handling Equipment
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Deadline for Application: 04-01-2014
Submitted by: Duncan Murphy
Email Reply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Riekes Equipment Company has been a Yale forklift dealer and a distributor of other materials handling products since 1936. With six branches in four Midwestern states, we provide a complete line of materials handling products to our customers, ranging from small casters to complex automated and robotic systems and everything in between. Our corporate location is in Omaha, along with branch locations in Lincoln and Grand Island NE, Sioux City, IA, Sioux Falls, SD and West Fargo, ND. We have the capability to manage projects from design to implementation, including AutoCAD drawings and project management. We are truly a “one stop shop” for all things materials handling related.
The internship will be based in our Omaha location, but you will have a chance to visit many of our facilities. This will allow you to see how things are done at the corporate level as well as the branch level. You will be assigned a mentor, who will guide you as your internship progresses. The successful candidate will complete a 12 week internship that will expose them to all aspects of our business – sales, parts, service and rentals. The primary focus will be on sales and product knowledge training, but we want to make sure you receive a well-rounded experience and exposure to our other departments and operations. You will have a chance to work with a team of professionals with hundreds of years of combined experience. We believe we can provide a level of experience unrivaled in our market. By the end of the internship you should fully understand what it means to be a solutions oriented, value added service provider. During your internship you will work on a real-life case study, and will present your recommended solution to our management team to demonstrate the knowledge you acquired.
• We would like someone who is curious about how things work, how they are made and where they come from. Our business is a fun business, it gets you into companies you may never see otherwise, and you will learn about things you never knew existed.
• You should be driven towards a career in sales. We offer an outstanding, unlimited opportunity for those that are motivated and willing to work hard.
• You should have an outgoing, resilient personality. Sales isn’t an easy job, and it helps if you are good at meeting new people and you are able to deal with the inevitable rejection you will face at times.
• It helps if you are a creative thinker and a problem solver. As you gain knowledge of our products and industry you need to be able to think on your feet and provide creative solutions to your customers.
• Organization and time management skills are critical. You need to be able to organize your time and manage multiple projects at once.
• You should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You will be in constant communication with customers, vendors and internal people, and you will frequently make presentations.
• You should be tech and internet savvy. Our industry is not glamorous but it is critical. Todays technology is a key tool for Riekes and the better you are with it the more effective you will be.
How to Apply:
Supply your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would like to take advantage of the internship at the UNK Career Fair or by email to the address listed above