Ryerson 2017 Internship Program
WHO WE ARE:
Ryerson one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is celebrating 175 years in the industry. Ryerson was started along the banks of the Chicago River in 1842 with an iron store. Since then, we have entered into many markets, we supply over a 100 geographic regions (US and other countries), have navigated the introduction of many innovative technologies within metals and steel and provide excellent service to our customers.
We are seeking ambitious students to participate in our exciting summer internship. Internship locations will be in Lisle, IL (Chicago area), Grand Rapids, MI, Minneapolis, MN, Columbus, OH, Milwaukee, WI.
Reporting to the General Manager, with exposure to Senior Leadership, the successful candidate will be introduced to the experience and knowledge necessary to become a leader in the metals industry. The internship program will focus on functional areas in Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics and Inventory Management. With measurable goals and objectives, based upon project performance, the successful candidate will have an exceptional vantage point from which to build a solid foundation for future career opportunities with Ryerson.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze data and operating conditions; makes and develop recommendations for implementing process improvements as needed.
• Partner with Ryerson team members to gain insight and understanding into Ryerson policies, procedures, and culture.
• Documents and assess inventory management needs and improvements for existing accounts.
The ideal candidate will possess an orientation for results, a strong work ethic, creativity, confidence and a passion for continuous improvement and excellence.
• Progressive matriculation towards a Bachelor’s Degree, May 2017 graduates preferred.
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
• Ability to impact and influence others.
• Personal initiative and leadership potential.
• Ability to work in an assigned geographic area.