We have an Internship Job Opening
Company website: www.vermeer.com
Position: Product Specialist Intern
Deadline for Application: October 31, 2016
Submitted by: Megan Crawford
Email Reply: [email protected]
Vermeer Corporation delivers a real impact in a progressing world through the manufacture of high-quality underground construction, surface mining, tree care, environmental and agricultural equipment. Vermeer machines carry a reputation for being built tough, built to perform and built for value. Vermeer is headquartered in Pella, Iowa, U.S.A. and employs approximately 3,000 team members around the world, with regional offices in Brazil, the Netherlands and Singapore; additional manufacturing facilities in South Dakota and Beijing; and more than 600 dealers located around the world. Vermeer helps customers in more than 60 nations as they work to keep people connected to the necessities of life, manage natural resources and nourish a vibrant food supply.
You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do MoreTM. The Product Specialist Intern assists in sales support events, sales training programs, seminars, and in acquiring competitive product information. This position researches and reports competitive sales information. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. 1. Help perform product demonstrations. 2. Assist in the preparation and presentation of sales, operational and competitive product information to sales managers, dealers, and customers in the promotion of product line. Support wholesale and retail sales efforts through answering of operational, pricing, availability, technical, and application questions. 3. Help train dealers and customers on product operations, applications and maintenance.
Education and/or Experience – High School diploma required. – Current student pursuing a Bachelors’ degree in Business.
– Previous internship is a plus. Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in the area(s) of Vermeer product line as well as competitive product offerings, market share and size opportunities.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to provide accurate, professional and error free documents.
– Ability to be customer oriented and have a can do attitude.
– Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills. Bilingual Candidate Preferred All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply:
To apply, please visit us at the ID career fair.