We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company: Vermeer Corporation
Company website: vermeer.com
Position: Field Sales Specialist
Location: Joplin, MO and Osceola, MO
Deadline for Application: 1/31/2016
Submitted by: Jessica Parker
Email Reply: [email protected]
You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, getting tough work done every day. Vermeer customers in more than 60 nations help communities stay connected to the necessities of life, manage natural resources and nourish a vibrant food supply by using industrial and agricultural equipment designed, manufactured and supported by Vermeer team members. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has a real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and wherever you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More™. Visit us at vermeer.com to learn more.
Job Summary The Field Sales Specialist is designed to support dealers in finalizing sales to our retail dealers. This position is responsible to call directly on the end users in an effort to influence the sales of Vermeer equipment. In addition, this role performs equipment demonstrations along with other informational meetings to increase sales at various sales touch points. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct face to face sales calls on potential end user customers representing Vermeer equipment.
2. Work in tandem with designated retail dealers to identify appropriate customer targets to carry-out sales calls.
3. Facilitate retail purchases by communicating the features and benefits of Vermeer forage equipment to end users.
4. Perform equipment demonstrations to increase sales for Vermeer touch points.
5. Identify and target custom hay baling businesses in order to influence their purchasing decisions.Create and maintain a database of customer contacts in order to build a direct producer list for future marketing and sales use.
Education and/or Experience
– Associate’s Degree in Agriculture or related field with 2 years of experience in sales; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
– Previous knowledge in the cattle industry, a plus Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge in the area of the commercial cattle industry as well as the Vermeer Forage sales and equipment.
– Effective management of the assigned sales territory.
– Ability to travel extensively by vehicle on a daily basis. In addition, overnight travel will be required for this position.
– Excellent interpersonal skills with solid sales abilities.
– Demonstration of strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with an individual or large group.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships, which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to provide accurate, professional and error free documents.
– Ability to obtain sales goals and continuously develop dealers.
– Ability to operate product line equipment.
– Ability to make good decisions in very difficult and tense situations. Certificates, Licenses, Registration
– Valid Driver’s License.
-Travel Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.vermeerjobs.com