We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company: Vermeer Corporation
Company website: vermeer.com
Position: Forage Technical Specialist
Location: Joplin, MO and Osceola, MO
Deadline for Application: 01/31/2016
Submitted by: Jessica Parker
Email Reply: [email protected]
You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, getting tough work done every day. Vermeer customers in more than 60 nations help communities stay connected to the necessities of life, manage natural resources and nourish a vibrant food supply by using industrial and agricultural equipment designed, manufactured and supported by Vermeer team members. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has a real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and wherever you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do More™. Visit us at vermeer.com to learn more.
Job Summary The Forage Technical Specialist will serve as a remote extension of a specific dealer. They will help facilitate service, machine training, forage consultation, and sales of ancillary products in an area outside of a specific dealer’s home area to all forage producers. In addition to these responsibilities, they may also conduct informational meeting for the cattlemen’s groups regarding topics within their scope and knowledge. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform diagnostics including inspection, troubleshooting and location of deficiencies on equipment [hay tools]; therefore determining what repairs are needed or recommended for immediate attention and/or future reference. Perform field repairs on equipment including service and warranty repair work, aligning with local dealer as necessary.
2. Initiate face-to-face interactions with local hay producers to introduce purpose and capabilities. Manage, maintain and grow a list of customers and prospects. Utilize such lists in addition to customer requests to plan and prioritize daily work schedule.
3. Assist customers with equipment optimization including setup; adjustments and setting per crop conditions and other variables, thus creating additional parts sales and service revenue while giving the customer a reason to partner with Vermeer in the future.
4. Establish and maintain appropriate inventory levels of service parts and consumables per customer demand.
5. Facilitate on-line payment transactions with retail customers and facilitate needed transactions with partnering dealers.
6. Maintain detailed records of customer problems, concerns and ideas to aid in the understanding of future product needs. Convey such information to Vermeer product development/enhancement teams.
7. Work in tandem with local Vermeer field sales specialists, territory managers, dealer personnel and 3rd party resources to facilitate a cohesive customer experience and support structure.
Education and/or Experience – 2-year certificate (college or technical school) in Business with a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to demonstrate effective problem solving skills including the ability to evaluate a negative situation and turn it into a positive experience.
– Ability to demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
– Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information from schematics, technical manuals, drawings and procedural documents.
– Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems including the knowledge of methods, tools, techniques, materials used in equipment repair.
– Ability to operate agricultural equipment.
– Understanding and appreciation of the cattle market.
– Understanding of agronomics including basic knowledge of the hay/forage industry from planting to harvest and storage.
– Ability to appreciate and embrace the local culture, showing interest and involvement in events and chapters such as FFA, Cattleman’s Association, Extension Council, etc.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers, prospects, dealers and others within the Vermeer sales organization.
– Demonstration of strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
– Ability to work towards and achieve goals related to: number of customer interactions, market share, incremental revenue and customer satisfaction.
– Ability to utilize technology such as laptop/iPad/smartphone and other applications on a mobile platform to aid in the facilitation of required transactions.
– Ability and desire to maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and organization of inventory, tools and equipment including those in vehicle and parts storage areas.
-Travel Up to 75% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.vermeerjobs.com