We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: Cummins Central Power
Company website: http://www.cumminscentralpower.com/
Position: Sales and Operations Internship
Location: Omaha / Kansas City
Deadline for Application: 3/1/2014
Submitted by: Beth Caruso
Email Reply: [email protected]
Cummins Central Power is the exclusive distributor for Cummins and Onan products for the Midwest. We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska and have thirteen locations throughout Nebraska, Kansas, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri, including one engineering and engine integration facility in Des Moines, Iowa. Cummins Central Power is pleased to offer a dynamic and engaging summer internship program for students who are pursuing a career within the field of Industrial Distribution. Students participating in our internship program will have a rotating schedule throughout the summer that will provide a strong overview and understanding of our business as a whole, as well as gain experience in both Sales and Branch Operations. Interns will be exposed to multiple business segments which could include Power Generation, Diesel and Natural Gas Engines, Parts, Filtration, and Product Service and Support.
• Promote and endorse all aspects of Cummins Central Power’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Endorse and actively support Cummins Central Power’s Customer Support Excellence (CSE) efforts.
• Assist Inside and Outside Sales Representatives with prospecting customers, developing customer quotes, understanding specification requirements and processing orders
• Accompany outside sales representatives on sales calls, customer visits and trade shows or other events when applicable
• Assist Parts Manager with various projects to become familiar with parts sales and inventory management
• Assist Service Manager with various projects to become familiar with our Service Operations. This will provide an understanding of service technician responsibilities, metrics of efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction and profitability
• Interact with customers and gain understanding of QuickServe process as well as Service Writer and Service Advisor roles
• Assist Branch Manager with day to day operations and with special projects, including exposure and interaction with dealers, fleets and end user customers. Additional Responsibilities:
• Frequent travel in and around the Cummins Central Power territory which could include areas of Nebraska, South Dakota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Illinois
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• Must be a junior or senior status and pursuing a degree in Industrial Distribution or a related field
• High degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must demonstrate problem solving skills in a customer focused environment.
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to work independently with little face-to-face direct supervision.
• Must be able to utilize computers in a “Windows” environment with emphasis on knowledge of Excel.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Must possess excellent presentation skills It is the policy of Cummins Central Power, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to attract and retain the best qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, natural origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Please contact us at 402.541.0911. We will also be accepting resumes at the upcoming ID Career Fair