Crescent Electric Supply has a full time position open:
Energy Business Development Manager
The primary responsibility of the Energy Business Development Manager is to secure new business by selling energy solutions to senior level decision makers at assigned prospects in our target markets. Market segments will include commercial and industrial end-users.
- Achieve defined bookings targets for revenue and gross margin.
- Develop and facilitate specifications and purchases of energy efficient lighting, power management solutions & engineering services that drive sales through CESCO branches for both new and existing customers.
- Coordinate activities with District Managers & local Account Managers to present unified strategy and maximize sales effectiveness.
- Create demand for energy products & services within assigned territory.
- Close sales opportunities on energy projects.
- Develop long term relationships with key accounts and partners that sustain repeat sales opportunities. (Customer Focus: ESCO’s, Lighting Maintenance Contractors, Solar Integrators, National Accounts, Energy Czar’s within Commercial/Institutional/ Industrial space)
- Lead internal teams in the creation of energy audits and proposals for energy solutions in lighting, power management, and HVAC control.
- Conduct sales calls and presentations in assigned territory as required.
- Utilize resources & field reps of key suppliers to support sales strategies.
- Establish a pre-planned monthly itinerary. Travel requirements associated with this position are based on geographic location of assigned customers and actual account demands.
- Be the Crescent “Energy Expert” in assigned territory.
- Represent Crescent at appropriate local associations & trade shows.
- Manage expenses within budget constraints.
- Learn and utilize software programs associated with selling renewable and energy efficient products (i.e. Visual, Eco insight, etc.).
- Develop and review Branch quarterly Account Plans.
- Monitor and manage Branch Energy Marketing Plans (Activities/ Events/ Displays)on company intranet for review.
- Solution and system selling against competition. Must fully comprehend competitive proposals containing technical, performance, economic merits and resulting benefits with new construction, retrofit and MRO opportunities. Develop superior feature/benefit solutions to close end user sales.
- Ability to analyze customer needs and develop appropriate key account plans.
- Knowledge of current national regulatory requirements for industrial/commercial applications. Including utility rebate incentives, federal, state and industry energy efficiency standards, disposal law and IES Illumination recommendations, safety codes, LEED and EPACT.
- Requires proficiency in time management as well as priority management skills in order to meet the demands associated with territory management.
- Understanding of the operations, maintenance and management of large facilities.
- 3-5 years sales experience in the electrical industry, preferably selling energy solutions to commercial and industrial end users.
- CLEP or LC certification desired.
- IES membership required.
- Proven sales ability, persuasive manner, competent oral and written presentations, and possess good business judgment.
- Consistently exceed standards in major job responsibilities, personal effectiveness and objectives.
- Requires excellent communication skills for both group and one-on-one meetings. Capable of creating favorable impressions with customers by showing attention to their business needs, being sincere, and sustaining a favorable personal and business reputation.
- Individual must possess strong, comprehensive PC skills (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook products).
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Electrical Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related discipline from four-year college or university; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competitive Benefit Package:
We offer a competitive benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
CESCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Candidates are subject to reference checks, credit, criminal background and DMV checks, assessments, and a post-offer drug screen. EOE/M/F/Vets/Disability
Click on the following link: http://bit.ly/2cVXeXn to be directed to our Youtube playlist. Learn more about Crescent Electric Supply Company and what our employees have to say about working for this great organization.