Full Time Position Open:
Application Deadline: 4.1.2019
Electro Product Integration was incorporated as EPI Inc. in1980 to represent electronic component manufacturers in the states of Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, and Central/Southern Illinois. Corporate headquarters is in Kansas City, Kansas, and our Eastern office is located in the St. Louis, Missouri metropolitan area. EPI is a solutions provider. In 1987, we changed our business plan to focus on build-to-print, engineered, and specialty products primarily sold B2B to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’S) and End Users. EPI represents a select group of companies and organizations qualified to respond to customer product needs. EPI is a long term member of both the Electronic Representatives Association (www.era.com) and Manufacturers’ Agent National Association (www.manaonline.org) and subscribes to its business and ethical standards. Our objective is to add value to our customer’s business. We achieve this by representing services which offer our customers the means to succeed in the International Marketplace.
1. Develop customers’ understanding of EPI as a professional, reputable organization which places the customer’s interests first.
2. Act as EPI’s sales and service liaison between assigned customers and our Manufacturers (principals).
3. Develop and implement a strong time and territory management program to effectively and efficiently use your time for optimal customer engagement.
4. Know the customers’ organizations, policies, people, programs and products. Be able to cut through to key decision maker(s) at customer firms.
5. Know our Principals’ products, its core competency or “sweet spot”, features and benefits, and how to utilize application and design support for customer needs leading to design wins. Be able to convince our principals to support our customers’ programs. Sell the customer, sell the Principal.
6. Establish realistic annual sales and shipment forecasts for assigned accounts and use best efforts to achieve the goals established. Know your competition.
7. Continuously review and improve personal organizational techniques, professional selling skills, and technical knowledge with the support of EPI, Principals, and industry resources.
8. Know how, where and when to seek assistance when needed.
9. Seek out new synergistic product and service representational opportunities to fill the changing needs of our customer base and markets. Be entrepreneurial.
10. Keep abreast of the “big picture” as seen by our firm, our principals and customers, i.e., economic, technical, communications, etc. Think like an owner.
11. Complete forecast, Principal and EPI reports, CRM updates, and market survey assignments accurately, completely and on time.
12. Participate in the development and maintenance of a cordial and professional attitude within our firm. Be a team player.
13. Be knowledgeable of and subscribe to the ethical, legal, and personnel policies and procedures established by our firm and its Principals.
Thirty – five year old Manufacturers’ Representative Agency selling custom / engineered
products, assemblies, and value added solutions B2B seeks an experienced self-starter for
established customer base with strong growth potential. The ideal candidate will be
located in the Kansas City area, possess technical sales skills / experience, and demonstrate
the aptitude, desire and ability for potential equity ownership and have a Bachelor’s
degree in business, engineering or related fields.
Strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills are required as well as the ability to travel 1-2 nights per week.
Microsoft Office, ACT or comparable CRM.
Competitive compensation package offered including Salary, Health insurance, 401K, vacation / sick pay, bonus plan, and travel expenses.
Apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]