We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: Rampart Supply
Company website: http://www.rampartsupply.com/
Location: Denver Colorado
Deadline for Application: March 1, 2017
Submitted by: Jessica Riley HR Generalist
Email Reply: [email protected]
Rampart Supply is a family owned, full line wholesale distributor of commercial and residential plumbing, hydronic heating, and industrial pipe, valve, and fitting supplies. We are based in Colorado and have been in business for nearly 50 years. We stock a deep and diversified inventory, and are dedicated to providing excellence and the finest-quality products to our customers. We believe in assisting our clients in a professional manner, with flawless regard to accuracy, promptness, and courtesy by delivering quality products and service of unmatched value. As a local, family owned company, philanthropy and community involvement have long been a staple of Rampart Supply’s core values. Since 1968 we have generously supported numerous local non-profit organizations and charities, as we believe strongly in making a difference in the lives of the people in our community. Rampart Supply is committed to investing in the betterment of our society by way of our time and our financial resources. We feel it is essential to give back in order to help strengthen both our community and our local economy. Rampart Supply is proud, and honored, to serve the Front Range with our charitable contributions.
1. Operations/Warehouse: Understand and participate in the flow of orders within and throughout our branches. Participate in Operational Excellence improvements.
2. Sales: Understand and participate in the process and flow of serving our customers. Become familiar with our product offering and counter, showroom, inside and outside sales. Participate in a project such as Dead Stock Inventory Sales and/or a Marketing initiative.
3. Management: Gain an understanding of the responsibilities of a Branch Manager. Understand financial components of our business and how we measure success. Gain an overall understanding of the systems and components of distribution.
4. Communication: Gain a command of intra and interdepartmental interactions and the need to work as one team in support of Rampart’s mission, vision, values and strategy as a customer centric organization. Nature and Scope (Who will the individual interface with to be successful and what is the scope of the position’s responsibility?):
1. This position reports directly to our Branch Manager.
2. Position incumbents will shadow and interact with departmental and organizational leaders and will work directly with many of Rampart’s employees and customers.
3. The intern will gain hands on experience while participating in the day-to-day activities of departments while also participating on projects and improvement initiatives that will have an impact on process efficiencies and bottom line profit.
Education and Experience
1. Completion of at least 2 years of college courses (Junior or Senior standing) toward an Industrial Distribution degree with a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: 1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Competence with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, etc.
3. Ability to learn and become competent with distribution software.
4. Strong problem-solving skills and time management.
5. Initiative, strong sense of urgency to complete tasks, and a passion to serve customers.