We have an Internship Job Opening
Company: SRS Distribution Inc.
Company website: www.srsdistribution.com.
Deadline for Application: March 1
Submitted by: Stacy Croff
Email Reply: [email protected]
SRS Distribution Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of roofing and building products. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture. Statistics-to-date Sales: $1.8+ billion Branches: 170+ States: 41 Founded: 2008 Future: High-growth We’ve grown consistently, and some would say rapidly, since our inception through well-financed acquisitions and new start-up locations. We primarily sell to professional contractors, remodelers, and builders through our outside sales force and excel by having a consultative relationship with our customers. SRS is a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners LLC. and led by a management team of outstanding industry veterans.
Looking for smart, hard-working students with the following criteria and interests:
• Your last summer before graduation. • High level of interest in a distribution and management career.
• Can intern for 12 weeks at a branch this summer. Check all the openings in our career section of website.
• Work on a project and then present at corporate.
• Have a head start as a Management Trainee when you graduate. If this is you and we’ve peaked your interest, read on for the details of our program. Our Internship: The SRS Distribution Inc. 12-week summer Internship Program is designed to give you a taste of all aspects of our distribution center’s culture, service, sales, and operations, through hands-on experience and business-critical projects. During the internship, you will be monitored by your Branch Manager, while learning and doing the day-to-day operations of a multi-million dollar distribution center. You will acquire a range of experience throughout the summer, such as receiving product, moving product in the warehouse, loading trucks, dispatch, delivery, answering phones to service the customer, entering orders, and outside sales by shadowing an experienced Territory Manager. Week-by-week: (Can change at any time.)
Week 1: Introduction, orientation, expectations, safety training, decide on project you will work on, and more.
Weeks 2-5: Warehouse and Delivery: Learn our products and processes by loading trucks, handling SKU’s, receiving products, completing proof of delivery, riding with drivers, assisting in deliveries, becoming familiar with DOT regulations, observe dispatching, and more.
Weeks 6-8: Inside Sales and Customer Service: Work the sales counter, enter orders, build relationships with customers, learn and use Agility, complete paperwork, lead generation, sales/customer service calls, etc. Observe the financial responsibilities of the Branch Manager and assist.
Weeks 9-12: Outside Sales and Project Completion: Observe and conduct sales calls with SRS employees. Roll out, complete, and present the research and results on your project at your visit to corporate headquarters.
• Outstanding students with the summer of 2017 being your last summer before graduation. Academic record and aptitude for learning. We would like to see a 3.0 GPA or higher, though we have a great understanding for students who work part-time or full-time while attending school.
• Major in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, or Management. Other degrees considered. Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references.
• Skills: computer, math, organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Roles in leadership positions and/or teams in school and at work.
• Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
• Able and willing to lift building materials on occasion.
• Interest in learning and working in a distribution center during the internship with the possibility of continuing with SRS full-time after graduation in our Management Trainee Program.
• Commitment of 12 weeks in summer of 2017 and able to present your project results at corporate headquarters on a 2-3 day group visit.
• Employees who have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation, are authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the US, and will pass criminal and driving background check with a pre-employment drug test.