We have a Full-Time Job Opening
Company: Management Trainee
Company website: www.srsdistribution.com.
Position: Management Trainee
Deadline for Application: May 2017
Submitted by: Stacy Croff
Email Reply: [email protected]
SRS Distribution Inc. is a leading national wholesale distributor of roofing and building products. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture. Statistics-to-date Sales: $1.8+ billion Branches: 170+ States: 41 Founded: 2008 Future: High-growth We’ve grown consistently, and some would say rapidly, since our inception through well-financed acquisitions and new start-up locations. We primarily sell to professional contractors, remodelers, and builders through our outside sales force and excel by having a consultative relationship with our customers. SRS is a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners LLC. and led by a management team of outstanding industry veterans.
The SRS Distribution Inc. Management Training Program is designed to be a hands-on program, learning and making contributions. You will have full access to everyone at the branch, while mentored by your Branch, District, and Area VP Management Team. Your goal is to learn all aspects of our business, culture, and core values, so that you can rise to the position of Branch Manager and beyond. We have a dedicated Talent Management team working with you and your mentors so that your experience is like no other in the industry. The program: Management Trainees will be hands-on from day one as you learn every position in the branch. Other training will consist of conference calls, webinars, online courses, and a 2-week training class in Dallas, TX a few months after you start. At corporate, you will meet the people who support you and the branches, learn valuable information from industry legends, and add key sales and management skills to help you shine. It’s here where you will also meet other Management Trainees from universities across the US. The Management Trainee Program is designed to last approximately 8 – 18 months. Each person and branch is different and thus the suggested assignments and time lines may vary. You will gain knowledge and experience regarding how to manage a multimillion dollar SRS distribution center, by mastering the following subject areas such as; product knowledge, software, fleet and safety, warehouse operations, human resources, financial performance, sales administration, supply chain, transportation, and sales. To help manage your work, you will receive a work cell phone and laptop soon after you start. We offer competitive compensation, vacation, paid time off, holidays, 401k with matching, and healthcare with wellness, dental and more.
Your path: You might be promoted to Operations Manager or Assistant Branch Manager first, or right into managing a small branch as a Branch Manager. As a Branch Manager, you will act like a CEO and manage and grow a branch of your own by developing your people; building relationships with your staff, customers, and vendors; creating a plan for your branch; forecasting and managing a budget; selling our products and being a visible member in the community. All with the support of a strong management team and a supportive corporate staff. You will be required to work smart and have fun along the way. To reward you for your excellent management ability, your base pay will increase and you will have the potential to earn up to 50% of your base in bonuses, plus a monthly car allowance, and a fuel card. We look for:
• Outstanding people in possession or will be in possession of a Bachelor’s degree by the summer of 2017. We prefer a major in Industrial Distribution, Supply Chain, Finance, Management, or Operations, though any degree with work experience that shows your interests in management or distribution will help you stand out with us.
• Work experiences with a notably strong work ethic and exceptional references.
• Academic record and aptitude for learning. We would like to see a 3.0 GPA or higher, though we have a great understanding for students who work part-time or full-time while attending school.
• Skills: computer, math, organization, time management, and communication skills.
• Roles in leadership positions and/or teams in school and at work.
• Personable people who have built strong and lasting relationships with others.
• People open to relocate to a city to train and then again when promoted.
• Able and willing to lift building materials on occasion.
• Employees who have a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, reliable transportation, are authorized to work for any employer without sponsorship in the US, and will pass criminal and driving background check with a pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply:
Please visit srs.jobs to view current open locations and apply.