We have an Internship Job Opening
Company website: www.sun-source.com
Position: Sales Intern
Location: Various Locations Across the U.S.
Deadline for Application: 11/20/2018
Submitted by: Monica Hunter
Email Reply: [email protected]
SunSource, headquartered in Addison, Illinois (a suburb of Chicago), is one of North America’s leading fluid power distribution companies, providing products, services and information in hydraulics, pneumatics, automation, and fluid process serving both the industrial, OEM, MRO, and mobile equipment markets.
SunSource Sales Interns gain valuable experiential learning through hands-on training to experience the many aspects of technical sales in the fluid power industry. This program has led to former interns continuing to work for SunSource following graduation. As a Sales Intern you will be integrated into a team working with Account Managers, Customer Service, Service & Repair, and Operations. In addition, each intern is assigned a mentor for the 10 – 12 week training plan to offer guidance on project tasks and responsibilities. Specific objectives are:
• Exposure to functional elements of SunSource: Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Engineering
• Exposure to basic selling skills: Inside sales, Outbound calls, Sales ride-alongs and job shadowing
• Exposure to fluid power technologies: Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Automation, Fluid process, Service & Repair
Your educational background, mechanical aptitude, and self-motivation are your foundation to a rewarding experience with SunSource. Successful candidates in the Internship program possess:
• Concentration in Engineering, industrial distribution, business, mechatronics or fluid power related field
• Strong ambition to pursue a career in technical or engineered sales
• Self-motivated to take responsibility for your personal development
• Mechanical interest and aptitude
• Willingness to relocate required to be considered Upon graduation, we encourage those individuals who have successfully met the requirements of the Sales Internship, to begin their sales careers with SunSource through our extensive GROW OUR OWN Sales Training Program which leads to a path in outside sales.
How to Apply:
The preference will be to apply directly on SunSource’s career section of the website. You may also submit your resume to [email protected]